The Department of English established in the year 2017. The Department is at the forefront of innovative and challenging courses in English Studies. An integral part of the University, it occupies a key place in the Post graduate courses of not only other departments, but also other faculties. While this is so, the Department utilizes its autonomy in the framing and teaching of its curricular programs at the undergraduate and post graduate levels as well as research. The Department proposes to offer Ph.D. and M.Phill programs once they get requisite approvals. The Department has also offered need based short term Diploma and Certificate courses to strengthen the fundamentals of learning. It is planned to update the entire curriculum according to the UGC model from June 2018.
The Department has a “RENAISSANCE CLUB” which also involves students to empower the English Language and Literary activities keeping geographical and cultural context in mind. The Department has planned to organize Seminars, Conferences, Workshops and Symposia on a regular basis. It is also associated with inter-disciplinary intellectual activities with various faculties within the university and with other Universities. The teachers are actively involved in research, publication, extention activities and participate regularly in seminars, conferences and workshops at both national and international levels.
Head Of Department
- Course Offered By Department
- M.Phil (w.e.f. June - 2018)
- Short Term Need Based Courses (w.e.f. June - 2018)
- A. Certificate Course in Communicative English for Beginners (CCE-1)
- B. Certificate Course in Communicative English for Intermediates (CCE-2)
- C. Certificate in Spoken English and Personality Development (CSEPD)
- D. Certificate Course in Functional English (CFE)
- E. Diploma Course in Gandhian Philosophy & Peace (PGD-GPP)